Skip to content
Emotions and Behavior as per Yoga
- Do not be greedy, No one carries one’s wealth to heaven.
- Do not envy or hate others.
- Do not harbor prejudice against others.
- Do not get overwhelmed with anger, fear grief or sorrow. Learn to manage anger.
- Never get excited at anything or any person.
- Do not loose your temper in an insulting situation.
- Stop worrying over anything or everything.
- Keep anxiety at arms length, anxiety can cause arthritis.
- Practice forgiveness rather than take revenge.
- Do not be frustrated or feel dejected at your failures.
- Do not be over joyed at your success.
- Ignore and try to forget your miseries and sorrows.
- Look out for and enjoy the happy moments in your life, keep the mind positive.
- BE happy and contended with your lot.
- Try to control your instincts and sentiments, and emotions and never give the, an upper hand.
Behavior with people
- Follow the path of righteousness and the rules of good conduct as advised by your religion.
- Never be at enmity with others.
- Never covet nor appropriate wealth of others.
- Do not censure others.
- Do not slight others.
- Do not think ill of others and cause stress to them.
- Never generate fear in others.
- Do not eavesdrop others.
- Never resort to lawbreakers and wicked people for help.
- Do not show distrust in or breakoff relations with those who know your secrets.
- Do not break a rule accepted by the majority, community, or society.
- Do not behave or act in a manner that you have to be ashamed of or repent for later.
- Be on good terms with persons who are interested in you or those who have helped you in times of stress.
- Be humble and modest.
- Be honest in all your dealings.
- Try to help others in all possible ways.
- Do not sin even against sinful ones.
- Be delighted at the prosperity of others.
- Le the lives of great men set an example to you.
Behavior with superiors
- Do not o against the wishes of your superiors.
- Be obedient and perform your duties sincerely.
- Have faith in your superiors and be loyal to them.
- Always respect parents, elders, teachers, leaders, learned men, and saints.
Behavior with assistants and Juniors
- Do not support your assistants and servants who have proved faithless and take disciplinary action if necessary.
- See to it that your assistants receive timely payments.
- Do not boss over your assistants.
- Appreciate the work of your assistants and good qualities by rewarding them appropriately.
- Treat your assistants as members of your family.